Monday, May 7, 2012

Teacher's Appreciation Week

Some people ask me why I stress myself out during the week of Teacher's Appreciation by sending in a little something special everyday of the week. My answer to them..."Because what they do matters." And, I'd like to let them know just how grateful I am to them and for what they do.

I have three boys, Jorgie is now in 9th grade and doesn't want to take anything to his teachers. Totally not cool mom. Tristan is in 1st grade. Can you imagine a room full of seven year olds and how you would feel at the end of the day?  And my Matthew has autism and is in a special school for children just like him. Those teacher's deserve angel wings! I don't know how they do it day in and day out, but they do.

I truly believe being a GOOD teacher is a calling. It's not for everyone, and it's apparent in the ones that don't enjoy what they do. But so many times teacher's get a bad rap through the news, facebook, YouTube, etc. and it ruins it for all of them.

I have been fortunate that my boys have all had a good experience with the teachers that they have and have had.  Many of them have left heart prints on them that will last a lifetime. Working in a school office for six years, I was able to see first hand all the work that they do with our children, especially the younger ones.

So this week, show your gratitude to your teachers! They deserve the recognition.

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture. What a beautiful trio!! Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This picture was taken in the fall of 2010:)

    ReplyDelete